As a software engineer at Two Point, you will be responsible for designing, creating, improving, and maintaining software solutions critical to Two Point’s business needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our business grow and evolve.
Annual Salary is $80,000 - $85,000
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate application software and system requirements according to architectural standards.
- Perform application development, testing, and troubleshooting according to specifications in an efficient manner.
- Proactively improve modules, services, systems and codebases.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies.
- Maintain various codebases for tools and services used by other stakeholders.
- Improve documentation in wikis and internal knowledge bases that is insufficient or incorrect and proactively raise spotted issues. This includes issue status tracking and documenting the resolution for future use.
- Research new features and technologies to improve our products and gain a competitive advantage.
- Apply software development best practices related to testing, style, readability, compilation, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements.
- Innovate and advocate for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners
- Stay up to date with technology trends and innovations
- Create and maintain develops processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Proficient in multiple object-oriented languages. Desired experience includes object-oriented design, patterns, and architecture.
- Experience with Relational and non-relational databases. Desired experience includes advanced working SQL of knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), data modeling, and common database interfaces (e.g. ODBC).
- Experience as a developer throughout the full software development lifecycle.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience with ETL (extract, transform, and load) systems.
- Experience with data stored in various formats and locations.
- Experience with automation and scripting.
- Experience with cloud computing and storage.
- Experience leveraging relevant open source and internal tools and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of methods of securely managing and storing data.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with version control systems and code reviews. Desired experience also includes CI/CD pipelines.
This position requires the team member to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. The physical requirement of this position is light work.