Two Point creates and executes disaster recovery plans (DRPs) to safeguard mission-critical electronic medical records, practice management and pharmacy system data in case of natural or man-made disasters. We offer continuous data protection (CDP) and work with our clients to establish recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO) benchmarks to respond to any major incident.
These benchmarks will then help to determine how many backups, synch points, and offsite data centers are required to adequately prepare for any man-made or natural disaster.
The DRP must:
- Guarantee the reliability of backup data and backup systems
- Provide a sense of security and standard for testing the plan
- Minimize decision-making during a disaster
- Reduce costly legal liabilities
The specifics of each DRP are custom-tailored to each client. However, the components generally involve identifying and classifying preventive measures, detective measures, and corrective measures to establish known and hidden risks. Two Point prepares the plan by:
- Obtaining buy in from top management
- Performing a risk assessment
- Determining recovery strategies
- Collecting data
- Organizing, writing, and documenting a written plan
- Testing and approving the plan
It’s important for customers to review their DRP on an annual basis and revisit or revise the plan during corporate acquisitions and new system launches.